|Location||Slaver's Bay, Essos|
Elyria is an island city of central Essos. It is located on a small island east of the Valyrian peninsula in Slaver's Bay. To the east lies Tolos and to the west the Lands of the Long Summer.
Elyria was founded by the Valyrian Freehold. Although rich and glorious, it did not have self-rule and was instead governed by men and women sent from Valyria to rule in the name of the Freehold. Despite its proximity to the Valyrian peninsula, Elyria was not destroyed in the Doom.
Elyria has ties to the Ghiscari cities of Slaver's Bay, and the island city is less infamous than Mantarys.
Hizdahr zo Loraq has kin and influence in Elyria.
A Dance with Dragons
Elyria joins the coalition against Daenerys Targaryen, Queen of Meereen.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of Valyria
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Doom of Valyria.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 2, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 63, Victarion I.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Elyria.