From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Title||Prince of Dorne|
|Died||In 283AL, at the Riverlands|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (Mentioned)|
A Storm of Swords (Mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (Mentioned)
It was a closely held secret that Prince Lewyn kept a paramour despite the Kingsguard oaths of chastity. Ser Barristan Selmy and his other sworn brothers were aware of this but kept their sworn brother's secret.
During Robert's Rebellion, Aerys used Lewyn's niece, princes Elia Martell, as a hostage against him and sent him to command the ten thousand Dornishmen that were to join Prince Rhaegar Targaryen's force that was assembling to take on Robert Baratheon. He died during the Battle of the Trident at the hands of Ser Lyn Corbray, although Prince Lewyn was mortally wounded before his final duel with Ser Lyn.
|“||“I never had the honour to know Prince Lewyn but all agree that he was a great knight.” ||”|
the Red Viper
|Arianne||Rhaenys||Obara Sand||Elia Sand|
|Quentyn||Aegon||Nymeria Sand||Obella Sand|
|Trystane||Tyene Sand||Dorea Sand|
|Sarella Sand||Loreza Sand|
References and Notes
- ↑ The Kingsguard. (May 22, 1999) So Spake Martin
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight (Barristan II).
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 37, Jaime.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight, p 239.