Emeralds are green gemstones used for ornamentation.
Queen Cersei Lannister often wears emeralds which match her green eyes. She owns a tiara jeweled with emeralds and a woven belt studded with emeralds. Cersei has necklaces of emeralds and diamonds with emeralds. One of the queen's white gowns has swirls of tiny emeralds on its sleeves, and she also owns a golden hair net with larger emeralds. Cersei has emeralds the size of pigeon eggs on a golden ring and a necklace.
At the tourney on Prince Joffrey's name day, Queen Cersei Lannister lost an emerald pendant by betting on her brother, Ser Jaime Lannister, who was unhorsed by Ser Loras Tyrell. The pendant was returned to the queen, however.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
—thoughts of Jon Snow
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 5, Jon I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 54, Tyrion XII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 49, Eddard XIV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 20, Eddard IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Summer Isles.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 18, Catelyn IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 48, Daenerys IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 58, Davos III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36, Cersei VIII.