The Most Devout are a council of the highest ranking clergy of the Faith of the Seven. They can be identified by their cloth-of-silver vestments and crystal coronals. Although the High Septon is usually elected from among the Most Devout, this is not a requirement.
A Feast for Crows
Seven of the Most Devout attend the High Septon before the funeral for Lord Tywin Lannister. After the High Septon's death, the Most Devout meet to choose his successor, but sparrows force the selection of the High Sparrow as the new High Septon.
Known members of the Most Devout
- Septon Eustace
- Septon Mattheus
- Two cousins of Lord Donnel Hightower
- Septon Raynard
- Septon Torbert
- Septon Luceon
- Septon Ollidor
- Septa Moelle
- Septa Aglantine
- Septa Melicent
- Septa Unella
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 8, Jaime I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- Fire & Blood, The Year of The Three Brides - 49 AC.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne—Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Daeron II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.