|Storming of the Crag|
|Conflict || War of the Five Kings|
|Date || 299 AC|
|Place || The Crag, Westerlands|
|Result || Stark victory|
The storming of the Crag, conquest of the Crag, or taking of the Crag is final Stark victory in the westerlands during the War of the Five Kings.
After the taking of Ashemark, along with other westermen castles and three gold mines the Starks move on to the Crag as part of King Robb Stark's plan to draw Tywin Lannister west and out of the riverlands. The castellan of the weakly-garrisoned castle is Ser Rolph Spicer.
The Crag is stormed at night. While Smalljon Umber and Black Walder Frey lead scaling parties over the walls, Robb breaks through the main gate with a ram but takes an arrow wound. Grey Wind, Robb's direwolf, kills a man during the assault.
Robb is nursed back to health by Jeyne Westerling. After hearing of the supposed deaths at Winterfell of his brothers, Bran and Rickon, Robb deflowers Jeyne, and, to spare her dishonor, marries her shortly thereafter. As a consequence of that the Westerlings join with House Stark. However, by marrying Jeyne, Robb breaks his alliance with House Frey.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 55, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 64, Arya X.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 37, Jaime V.