Robb Stark's personal guard
Robb Stark's personal guard are the new protectors of Robb Stark, the heir of Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell. Unlike the Kingsguard, this is not an official order with any sworn vows, but an informal group of battle companions.
A Game of Thrones
When Robb Stark rides to war against the Lannisters after the arrest in King's Landing of his father, Lord Eddard Stark, he surrounds himself with highborn warriors. Just as he rides with a different lord at the head of his army every day in order to know and honor his bannermen, Robb's choice of bodyguards serves to honor the houses from which they are picked. Most of these fighters are young men, although Dacey Mormont is female, and Ser Wendel Manderly, Robin Flint, and Ser Perwyn Frey are all mature men.
At Robb's side during the battle in the Whispering Wood are thirty young sons of lords, three of whom are killed by Ser Jaime Lannister. After Eddard's execution by order of King Joffrey I Baratheon, Robb is proclaimed King in the North at Riverrun by northern and river lords.
A Clash of Kings
Robb's companions continue to fight bravely during his invasion of the westerlands and to serve him in other critical capacities.
A Storm of Swords
Among the thirty are:
- Robin Flint: slain by Freys at the Red Wedding.
- Olyvar Frey: Robb's squire. Sent away from the Twins before the Red Wedding, presumably for being judged as loyal to Robb's cause.
- Ser Perwyn Frey: Fought along Robb's side during the battle in the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. Sent away from the Twins before the Red Wedding, being judged as too loyal to Robb's cause.
- Theon Greyjoy: Robb's childhood friend. He betrays Robb for his father, Lord Balon Greyjoy, and leads the capture of Winterfell.
- Daryn Hornwood: Slain by Jaime Lannister in the Whispering Wood.
- Eddard Karstark: Slain by Jaime in the Whispering Wood.
- Torrhen Karstark: Slain by Jaime in the Whispering Wood.
- Patrek Mallister: captured at the Red Wedding.
- Ser Wendel Manderly: Slain by a crossbowman at the Red Wedding.
- Dacey Mormont: The only woman of the group. Slain by Ser Ryman Frey at the Red Wedding.
- Owen Norrey: He is one of the mountain clansmen. Slain at the Red Wedding.
- Smalljon Umber: slain by Bolton men at the Red Wedding.
- Ser Raynald Westerling: Robb's banner-bearer. Joined Robb's cause when his sister Jeyne married the king. Shot with Frey arrows at the Red Wedding, presumed dead.
|“||I have fought beside the Young Wolf in every battle, he has not lost one yet.||”|
References and Notes