|Coat of arms||
Three white plates upon a chevron red on a white field|
(Argent, on a chevron inverted gules three plates)
|Founder||Florys the Fox|
|Founded||Age of Heroes|
House Ball is a noble house from the Reach. They blazon their shields with three white plates upon a chevron red on a white field.
House Ball is an ancient house of First Men origin that can trace its lineage back to the Age of Heroes. According to legend, they descend from one of the three husbands of Florys the Fox, a daughter of Garth Greenhand.
Lady Rosamund Ball was selected as a lady-in-waiting for Queen Alysanne Targaryen. She died defending the queen from an assassination attempt at Maidenpool in 55 AC.
Ser Quentyn Ball, better known as Fireball, was the master-at-arms at the Red Keep during the reign of King Aegon IV Targaryen. Aegon promised to name Quentyn to the Kingsguard, but he died before he could fulfill that promise. When a spot opened during the reign of his son, King Daeron II Targaryen, Quentyn was passed over. This was the major contributing factor to Quentyn siding with Daemon Blackfyre during the First Blackfyre Rebellion.
Quentyn slew Lord Lefford outside of Lannisport and then defeated Lord Damon Lannister in turn. Fireball rescued Daemon when Daeron sent the Kingsguard to arrest him. Quentyn slew all the sons of Lady Penrose save for the youngest, sparing him out of respect for his mother. Fireball died on the eve of the Battle of the Redgrass Field.
House Ball at the end of the third century
The known Balls during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- No member has appeared yet.
- Lady Rosamund Ball was a companion to Queen Alysanne Targaryen during the reign of Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Ser Quentyn Ball, known as Fireball.
- Ser Glendon Flowers, claimed to be the son of Fireball.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Garth Greenhand.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Sworn Sword.