|House Roxton of the Ring|
|Coat of arms||
A saltire of interlocking golden rings on a sky blue field|
(Bleu celeste, per saltire a chain of rings Or)
|Founded||Coming of the Andals|
House Roxton of the Ring is a noble house from the Ring in the Reach. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a saltire of interlocked golden rings, upon a sky blue field. Their words are not known. They possess a Valyrian steel sword called Orphan-Maker.
The Roxtons trace their ancestry back to Andal adventurers given lands and wives by the Three Sage Kings of House Gardener during the coming of the Andals to the Reach.
Ser Lorence Roxton was a victor in the War for the White Cloaks.
Ser Jon Roxton wielded the ancient Valyrian sword Orphan-Maker during the Dance of the Dragons. After killing Hugh Hammer, Bold Jon was slain at the Second Battle of Tumbleton.
House Roxton at the end of the third century
The known Roxtons during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- no member has appeared yet.
- Ser Lorence Roxton, a member of the Kingsguard during the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen
- Ser Jon Roxton, known as Bold Jon, one of the Caltrops in the Dance of the Dragons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Andals in the Reach.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.