|Coat of arms||
Six green thistles, 3-2-1, on yellow|
(Or, six thistles 3-2-1 vert)
|Seat||in the northern mountains|
|Current Lord||Brandon Norrey|
House Stark (AGOT)|
House Baratheon of Dragonstone (ADWD)
House Norrey is the formal name given to the Norreys, a mountain clan from the north that inhabits the high mountains north of the wolfswood. Of the mountain clans, the Norreys live closest to the Gift. The chief of the clan is known as "The Norrey", although at Winterfell he is given the treatment of "Lord Norrey".
Their arms do not appear in the book, but according to semi-canon sources, they blazon their banners with six green thistles over a yellow field.
A Storm of Swords
While going to the Twins to attend Lord Edmure Tully's wedding, Norrey men are caught on the wrong side of the Trident. They suffer heavy losses when attacked by Gregor Clegane in the fighting at the fords of the Trident. During the Red Wedding, Catelyn Stark sees Owen Norrey killed by crossbow bolts.
A Dance with Dragons
Stannis Baratheon gains the Norreys for his cause. Lord Brandon Norrey travels to the Wall and meets with Lord Commander Jon Snow, while Brandon the Younger is part of Stannis's march on Winterfell.
House Norrey at the end of the third century
The known Norreys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to him there are also:
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 56, Bran IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix:Stark Lineage.