|House Locke of Oldcastle|
|Coat of arms||
Two bronze keys crossed on an white pale on purple|
(Purpure, on a pale argent two keys saltirewise bronze)
|Lord||Lord Ondrew Locke|
Lord of Oldcastle
House Stark (AGOT)|
House Bolton (ADWD)
Their banner is two bronze keys crossed on a white pale on purple. Their words do not appear in the text.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
When the Watch receives news of the approach of the wildlings to the Fist of the First Men, Mallador supports retreating back to the Wall. However, he is not among the survivors of the expedition who return to Castle Black.
While going to the Twins to attend Lord Edmure Tully's wedding, the Lockes are caught on the wrong side of the Trident. They suffer heavy losses when attacked by Gregor Clegane in the fighting at the fords of the Trident. Donnel is slain at the Red Wedding; Catelyn Stark sees him being taken by crossbow bolts.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
When Lord Roose Bolton takes Theon Greyjoy to Barrow Hall, amongst the banners they see are old Lord Ondrew Locke's crossed keys. Ondrew follows Roose to Winterfell for the wedding of Ramsay to "Arya Stark". However, Wyman believes the Lockes of Oldcastle will take their lead not from House Bolton, but from House Manderly.
House Locke of Oldcastle at the end of the third century
The known Lockes of Oldcastle during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Ondrew Locke, Lord of Oldcastle. An old man.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there are also:
- Sybelle Locke, Robett Glover's wife. Mother to Gawen and Erena Glover.
- Unnamed Locke at the Merman's Court.
- Lady Lysa Locke, married Lord Benjen Stark, mother of Rickon and Bennard Stark.
- Lady Marna Locke, married Lord Edwyle Stark, mother of Rickard Stark.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 29, Davos IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 25, Tyrion VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 13, Jon II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- A Storm of Swords, Prologue.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- He is described as "A stocky man in white and purple, whose cloak was fastened with a pair of crossed bronze keys".
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide: Banners of the North
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.