196 AC saw the First Blackfyre Rebellion, where the bastard son of Princess Daena Targaryen and the late King Aegon IV Targaryen, Daemon Blackfyre, claimed the throne for himself. Daemon had many followers, and his rebellious act sparked a response from his half-brother, King Daeron II Targaryen. The First Blackfyre Rebellion ended on the Redgrass Field, with the death of Daemon and his two eldest sons.
- First Blackfyre Rebellion
- Lord Ambrose Butterwell is fired as Hand of the King. Lord Hayford is named in his stead.
- Battle of the Redgrass Field
- Upon defeat on the Redgrass Field, Aegor Rivers takes the sword Blackfyre. He later flees from Westeros with the remaining children of Daemon Blackfyre, and begins plotting a return.
- Upon the death of the Hand of the King,Lord Hayford, on the Redgrass Field, Prince Baelor Targaryen is named Hand of the King.
- Ser Quentyn Ball, slain at the eve of the Battle of the Redgrass Field.
- Lord Hayford, slain at the Redgrass Field.
- Daemon Blackfyre, by an arrow shoot from Brynden Rivers.
- Aemon and Aegon Blackfyre, by rain of arrows from the Raven's Teeth.
- See the calculation for: Glendon Ball