The Wendwater is a river located in the southeastern crownlands and northeastern stormlands, marking a border between the two regions within the Seven Kingdoms. It is the largest river in the kingswood.
Beginning at a narrow lake in the southern kingswood, the Wendwater flows northeast to Blackwater Bay. North and west of the Wendwater is the forest of the kingswood, while to the east is Massey's Hook. According to semi-canon sources the seat of House Wendwater is located along the river in the kingswood.
A Clash of Kings
En route to King's Landing, Stannis Baratheon's fleet anchors at the mouth of the Wendwater. Ser Imry Florent, Lord High Captain of Stannis's fleet, calls for a meeting of captains to instruct them in the battle plan once they reach the Blackwater Rush. Three days later they attack King's Landing in the Battle of the Blackwater.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Wendwater.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- A Feast for Crows, Map of the South
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Crownlands
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- The Sons of the Dragon.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 58, Davos III.