A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
High Sparrow (TV)
|High Sparrow |
Game of Thrones
|Episode #||Season 5, Episode 3|
|Airdate||April 26th, 2015|
|List of Game of Thrones episodes|
"High Sparrow" is the third episode of the fifth season of HBO's fantasy television series Game of Thrones, and the 43rd overall. The episode was written by David Bennioff and D.B. Weiss and directed by Mark Mylod. It aired on April 26th, 2015.
The episode is adapted from the following chapters from the A Song of Ice and Fire series: Brienne I, Arya I, Cersei II, Cersei III, Brienne III, Samwell II, Cersei IV, Brienne IV, Arya II, Cersei V, Cersei VI and Alayne I from A Feast for Crows, and Jon I, Jon II, Jon IV, Tyrion VI, Tyrion VII, Reek III, The Prince of Winterfell and The Blind Girl from A Dance with Dragons, and Alayne I from The Winds of Winter.
Regular cast members
The following regular cast members appeared in this episode:
- Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- Lena Headey as Queen Cersei Lannister
- Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish
- Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell
- Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon
- Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth
- Conleth Hill as Varys
- Alfie Allen as Reek
- Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
- Gwendoline Christie as Brienne
- Dean-Charles Chapman as Tommen I Baratheon
- Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar
- Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton
- Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Bolton
- Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont
Eighteen out of twenty-seven members for the fifth season appeared in this episode. Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Nathalie Emmanual (Missandei), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis), Hannah Murray (Gilly) and Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand) are not credited and do not appear in this episode.
The following guest appearances were made in this episode:
- Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow
- Julian Glover as Grand Maester Pycelle
- Anton Lesser as Qyburn
- Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths as Lord Mace Tyrell
- Ben Crompton as Eddison Tollett
- Faye Marsay as the Waif
- Daniel Portman as Podrick Payne
- Dominic Carter as Janos Slynt
- Ian Beattie as Meryn Trant
- Eugene Simon as Lancel Lannister
- Brenock O'Connor as Olly
- Will Tudor as Olyvar
- Finn Jones as Loras Tyrell
- Charlotte Hope as Myranda
- Rila Fukushima as a red priestress
- Elizabeth Webster as Walda Frey
- Paul Bentley as High Sparrow
- Brian Fortune as Othell Yarwyck
- Michael Condron as Bowen Marsh
- Stella McCusker as an old woman
- Mishael Lopes Cardozo as brothel guard
- David Garlick as despondent man
- Matt McArdel as a sellsword
- Eddie Elks as a sellsword
- Gwyneth Keyworth as Clea
- Emina Muftic as beggar
- Samantha Bentley as "The Mother of Dragons"
- Xena Avramidis as "The Warrior"
- Portia Victoria as "The Smith"
- Em Scribbler as "The Mother"
- Rebecca Scott as "The Maiden"
- Rosie Ruthless as "The Crone"