House Bar Emmon
|House Bar Emmon of Sharp Point|
|Coat of arms|| A leaping blue swordfish on fretty silver on white|
(White fretty argent, a swordfish embowed azure)
|Current Lord||Duram Bar Emmon|
|Region||Massey's Hook, the crownlands|
|Title||Lord of Sharp Point|
|Overlord||House Baratheon of Dragonstone|
Togarion Bar Emmon was an Andal warlord who founded a small kingdom north of the Blackwater Rush during the Andal invasion, but he was opposed by the more powerful Darklyns of Duskendale. Togarion married the daughter of King Josua Massey of Stonedance, himself a rival to the Storm King Qarlton II Durrandon, and the Bar Emmons abandoned the Blackwater for Massey's Hook. Although Qarlton defeated Josua, Togarion drove the stormlanders from Stonedance, built Sharp Point as the new seat for House Bar Emmon, and established a kingdom on Massey's Hook with the son of Josua as a puppet. The region was eventually recovered by the stormlands, however.
Prior to the War of Conquest, House Bar Emmon was sworn to House Durrandon, the Storm Kings from Storm's End, but had closer ties to House Targaryen of nearby Dragonstone. When Aegon the Conqueror launched his invasion of Westeros, the Bar Emmons supported him instead of the Storm King, Argilac the Arrogant. With the creation of the crownlands after the Conquest, the Bar Emmons became sworn to Dragonstone, instead of House Baratheon of Storm's End, who had replaced the Durrandons.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
House Bar Emmon at the end of the third century
The known Bar Emmons during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
Historical Bar Emmons
- Togarion Bar Emmon, called Togarion the Terrible, the founder of the house.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- ↑ Citadel. Heraldry: In the area of the King's Landing
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Andals in the Stormlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Conquest.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon III.