List of known betrothals
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Though not required, a marriage is often preceded by a betrothal. This article assembles the betrothal mentioned in the series.
|Future groom||Future bride||Regions||Notes|
|Aegon II Targaryen||Cassandra Baratheon||Crownlands - Stormlands|
|Aegon III Targaryen||Jaehaera Targaryen||Crownlands||At the end of the Dance of the Dragons, Aegon III was betrothed to Jaehaera Targaryen. After her death, Lord Unwin Peake arranged for Aegon III to marry his daughter, Myrielle Peake. Due to pressure from the lords and ladies of the realm who disapproved of Peake's choice, Unwin announced the Maiden's Day Ball, where Aegon III would choose his betrothed himself. Aegon chose Daenaera Velaryon.|
|Myrielle Peake||Crownlands - Reach|
|Aemon Targaryen||Jocelyn Baratheon||Crownlands - Stormlands||The betrothal was announced in 68 AC and the wedding took place two years later.|
|Axell Florent||Gerrick Kingsblood's eldest daughter||Reach - North of the Wall|
|Beric Dondarrion||Allyria Dayne||Stormlands - Dorne|
|Unnamed Bracken||Daughter of Elys Waynwood||Riverlands - Vale of Arryn||She was carried off by Burned Men on her way to the marriage.|
|Brandon Stark||Catelyn Tully||North - Riverlands||After Brandon's death, Catelyn married his younger brother, Eddard, instead.|
|Brus Buckler||Gerrick Kingsblood's second daughter||Stormlands - North of the Wall|
|Unnamed Corbray||One of Lord Tarth's triplet daughters||Vale of Arryn - Stormlands||The betrothal was arranged by Queen Rhaenys Targaryen.|
|Corwyn Corbray||Rhaena Targaryen||Vale of Arryn - Crownlands||The wedding took place a fortnight after their quick betrothal.|
|Cregan Stark||Alysanne Blackwood||North - Riverlands||They married at Winterfell in 132 AC, the following year of their betrothal.|
|Elmar Frey||Arya Stark||Riverlands - North||An angry Arya wishes the death of Elmar’s betrothed, not knowing it is her.|
|Daeron Targaryen||Olenna Redwyne||Crownlands - Reach|
|Daryn Hornwood||Alys Karstark||North||After Daryn's death and the escape of Jaime Lannister from captivity at Riverrun, Alys's father, Lord Rickard Karstark, offers his daughter's hand to whomever brings him Jaime.|
|Duncan Targaryen||Daughter of Lyonel Baratheon||Crownlands - Stormlands|
|Unnamed Lord Grafton||Prudence Celtigar||Vale of Arryn - Crownlands||The betrothal was arranged by Queen Alysanne Targaryen.|
|Unnamed Harlaw||One of Lord Tarth's triplet daughters||Iron Islands - Stormlands||The betrothal was arranged by Queen Rhaenys Targaryen.|
|Harrold Hardyng||Sansa Stark (as Alayne Stone)||Vale of Arryn - North|
|Unnamed Hightower||One of Lord Tarth's triplet daughters||Reach - Stormlands||The betrothal was arranged by Queen Rhaenys Targaryen.|
|Jacaerys Velaryon||Baela Targaryen||Crownlands||At the time of the announcement of the betrothal in 118 AC, Jacaerys was four and Baela two.|
|Jaehaerys II Targaryen||Celia Tully||Crownlands - Riverlands|
|Joffrey Baratheon||Sansa Stark||Crownlands - North|
|Joffrey Velaryon||Youngest daughter of Lord Desmond Manderly||Crownlands - North|
|Laenor Velaryon||Rhaenyra Targaryen||Crownlands||Laenor was knighted a fortnight before their wedding.|
|Larys Strong||Floris Baratheon||Riverlands - Stormlands|
|Lucerys Velaryon||Rhaena Targaryen||Crownlands||At the time of the announcement of the betrothal in 118 AC, Lucerys was three and Rhaena two.|
|Luthor Tyrell||Shaera Targaryen||Crownlands - Reach|
|Malegorn of Redpool||Gerrick Kingsblood's youngest daughter||Unknown - North of the Wall|
|A younger son of Lord Theomore Manderly||Each to one of Queen Alysanne Targaryen's ladies-in-waiting||North - Unknown||The betrothals were arranged by Queen Alysanne Targaryen while on a royal progress in the North.|
|An other younger son of Lord Theomore Manderly|
|A nephew of Lord Theomore Manderly|
|Unnamed Lord Mullendore||Jennis Templeton||Reach - Vale of Arryn||The betrothal was arranged by Queen Alysanne Targaryen.|
|Rhaegar Frey||Wynafryd Manderly||Riverlands - North|
|Rickon Stark||Firstborn daughter of Jacaerys Velaryon||North - Crownlands||For more information, see Pact of Ice and Fire|
|Robb Stark||Daughter of Lord Walder Frey||North - Riverlands||Robb broke the betrothal by marrying Jeyne Westerling.|
|Robert Baratheon||Lyanna Stark||Stormlands - North|
|Rodrik Arryn||Daella Targaryen||Vale of Arryn - Crownlands||The betrothal lasted less than a year, as the two quickly married.|
|Sealord's son||Laena Velaryon||Braavos - Crownlands|
|Thaddeus Rowan||Floris Baratheon||Reach - Stormlands||The two were betrothed in 132 AC. Floris died in childbed two years later.|
|Theomore Manderly||Viserra Targaryen||North - Crownlands||The betrothal was announced in 86 AC.|
|Tion Lannister||Daughter of Lord Rowan||Westerlands - Reach||Tion was originally betrothed to a daughter of Lord Rowan. However, after his twin brother Tywald died, Tywald's betrothed, Ellyn Reyne, convinced him to espouse her instead.|
|Trystane Martell||Myrcella Baratheon||Dorne - Crownlands|
|Tywald Lannister||Ellyn Reyne||Westerlands|
|Unknown||Elissa Farman||Unknown - Westerlands||Elissa was twice betrothed (at age 12 and 16) but she frightened off her betrothed both times.|
|Uther Peake||Prunella Celtigar||Reach - Crownlands||The betrothal was arranged by Queen Alysanne Targaryen.|
|Viserys Targaryen||Arianne Martell||Crownlands - Dorne||For more information, see Secret marriage pact|
|"Little" Walder Frey||Wylla Manderly||Riverlands - North|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons — The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Fire & Blood, Under the Regents — War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Fire & Blood, The Long Reign — Jaehaerys and Alysanne — Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 69, Jon XIII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 6, Catelyn II.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 Fire & Blood, Three Heads Had the Dragon — Governance Under King Aegon I.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Fire & Blood, Under the Regents — The Hooded Hand.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Fire & Blood, Aftermath — The Hour of the Wolf.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 59, Catelyn IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 64, Arya X.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 44, Jon IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 20, Catelyn III.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 17.6 The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 7, Arya I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons — A Son for a Son.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 20.6 20.7 Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne — Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 35, Eddard IX.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 20, Tyrion V.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 43, Daenerys VII.