The Ocean Road, ocean road, or Searoad, is a road in southern Westeros that connects the westerlands and the Reach. Most of its course is along the coast of the Sunset Sea.
The Ocean Road begins at Lannisport and runs south along the western coast of Westeros overlooking the Sunset Sea. It passes through the forest around Crakehall and then to Old Oak. It continues southeast along the coast, opposite the Shield Islands. It then moves inland to Highgarden on the Mander.
During Aegon's Conquest, Mern IX Gardener, King of the Reach, took the ocean road to Casterly Rock to meet with Loren I Lannister, King of the Rock.
The coastal road was remade during the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen, who was aided by his master of coin, Lord Martyn Tyrell.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Ocean Road.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the South
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Map of the South
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Aegon's Conquest.