A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
A lizard-lion is a large semi-aquatic reptile native to the bogs of the Neck.
Lizard-lions resemble partially submerged logs floating still in the water. They live in the water, in slow streams and deep swamps, and have teeth like daggers. As it is said there are "crocodiles" that live in the Zamoyos in Sothoryos, "lizard-lion" is not just the name used in Westeros for crocodiles, but refers to some kind of similar crocodilian reptile.
A Game of Thrones
A Feast for Crows
Behind the Scenes
In his science fiction novel Tuf Voyaging, George R. R. Martin describes a "lizard-lion" as a reptile with a long, whiplike tail and a long snout similar to an alligator's. This doesn't necessarily mean that lizard-lions in Westeros are similar.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 15, Sansa I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 28, Bran IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 21, Bran III.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Crannogmen of the Neck.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.