|Title|| Lord of Longtable|
Hand of the King
|Spouse||Lady Taena of Myr|
|Book(s)|| A Storm of Swords (appears)|
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
Appearance and Character
Orton has a large, lumpy nose with messy orange-red hair. He is always courteous.
Orton presumably lived in Essos before King Robert I Baratheon restored House Merryweather's titles and some of their lands when he took the Iron Throne. Orton married his wife, Taena of Myr, during his exile in the east.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Orton is among the lords who travel to King's Landing when Margaery Tyrell is promised to King Joffrey I Baratheon. He brings his wife, Lady Taena of Myr. Lord Merryweahter dances with Sansa Stark at her wedding feast.
A Feast for Crows
Queen regent Cersei Lannister names Lord Orton to her small council as justiciar. In their first session, he counsels making cause with the ironborn to make up for the Iron Throne's lack of sea power after the battle of the Blackwater, and granting them part of the north despite House Bolton's dominion there. He further suggests turning on the ironmen if the Bolton's defeat Stannis Baratheon, though ultimately Cersei elects to build her own fleet.
– thoughts of Cersei Lannister
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 11, Jaime II.
- So Spake Martin: Knights and Lords, March 02, 2002
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.