Long Barrow, also called the Long Barrow, is a castle along the Wall, abandoned by the Night's Watch. It is situated along the Wall between Rimegate to west and the Torches to the east.
A Game of Thrones
Mance Rayder climbs the Wall near Long Barrow when travels incognito to Winterfell for the visit of King Robert Baratheon.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Commander Jeor Mormont plans to re-garrison the castle using men from Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.
A Storm of Swords
Prior to the wildling assault on the Wall, Rattleshirt is seen near Long Barrow. Cotter Pyke later captures Rattleshirt at the abandoned castle.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Commander Jon Snow re-garrisons Long Barrow with spearwives under the command of Iron Emmett with Dolorous Edd as his chief steward. The men of the Night's Watch now call it Whore's Barrow.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Map of Beyond the Wall
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon X.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 58, Jon XII.