From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
City state, one of the Free Cities
Qohor's army outside of the walls of the city
|Location||Essos, Free Cities, the Forest of Qohor|
|Religion||Black Goat of Qohor(god)|
|Founded||Approx 1000 years ago|
Qohor is one of the nine Free Cities located in western Essos. It lies near a great forest, the Forest of Qohor. It sits on the banks of the Qhoyne, a tributary of the Rhoyne. Qohor is east of Norvos and north of Volantis.
- See also: Images of Qohor
Qohorik craftsmen are renowned throughout the Free Cities. Their blacksmiths have the ability to meld paint in with the metals. Some blacksmiths claim to know how to reforge Valyrian steel. The wood from the Forest of Qohor is sought after. The Qohorik worship the Black Goat. 
During the Century of Blood, the Dothraki were stopped by the Unsullied in the bloody Battle of Qohor. Qohor and Norvos broke Volantene power on the Rhoyne in a battle involving fire galleys on Dagger Lake.
Shortly after being created, the Golden Company sacked Qohor, after Qohor refused to honor the contract it had made with the Golden Company. This event established the reputation of the sellword company quickly.
A Game of Thrones
A Feast for Crows
References and Notes
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the Free Cities
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion.
- ↑ Aegor Rivers entry in A World of Ice and Fire
- ↑ "Journeys" map from The Lands of Ice and Fire
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.