From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
City state, one of the Free Cities
Qohor's army outside of the walls of the city
|Location||Essos, Free Cities, the Forest of Qohor|
|Religion||Black Goat of Qohor (god)|
|Founded||Approx 1000 years ago|
Qohor is one of the nine Free Cities located in western Essos. It lies near a great forest, the Forest of Qohor. It sits on the banks of the Qhoyne, a tributary of the Rhoyne. Qohor is east of Norvos and north of Volantis.
During the Century of Blood, the Dothraki were stopped by the Unsullied in the bloody Battle of Qohor. Qohor and Norvos broke Volantene power on the Rhoyne in a battle involving fire galleys on Dagger Lake.
Shortly after being created, the Golden Company sacked Qohor, after the city refused to honor the contract it had made with the company. This event established the reputation of the sellword company quickly.
- See also: Images of Qohor
Qohorik craftsmen are renowned throughout the Free Cities. Their blacksmiths have the ability to meld paint in with the metals. Some blacksmiths claim to know how to reforge Valyrian steel. The wood from the Forest of Qohor is much sought after. The Qohorik worship the deity known as the Black Goat, who demands daily blood sacrifice. Calves, bullocks, and horses are the animals most often brought before the Black Goat's altars, but on holy days condemned criminals are sacrificed by the priests of Qohor.
A Game of Thrones
A Feast for Crows
References and Notes
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion.
- ↑ A World of Ice and Fire, Aegor Rivers entry.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire,Qohor.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Journeys map.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.