King in the North
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The King in the North or King of Winter is the ancient title held for thousands of years by House Stark of Winterfell. They were the last kingdom of the First Men and continued to rule the North after the Andals invaded and took over the southern kingdoms.
The last King in the North was Torrhen Stark, who bent the knee to Aegon the Conqueror, during the War of Conquest thus making the North part of the Seven Kingdoms. The title was revived during the War of the Five Kings by Robb Stark, who took the name and broke away from the Iron Throne, after the murder of his father.
|“||Bronze and iron are stronger than gold and silver. The old Kings of Winter wore such a sword-crown.||”|
- King Robb Stark
Known Kings in the North
No precise lineage of Kings in the North is known, but the individuals listed below are supposed to be in rough chronological order.
- Bran the Builder, founder of house Stark and the first King in the North, builder of Winterfell, Storm's End castles and the Wall.
- King Theon the Hungry Wolf
- King Brandon the Shipwright, loved sailing and built up a mighty Northern fleet.
- King Brandon the Burner, son of Brandon the Shipwright, burned the entire Northern fleet after the disappearance of his father on the Sunset Sea.
- King Jonnel Stark
- King Dorren Stark
- King Jon Stark, built the castle of White Harbor after driving away sea raiders.
- King Rickard Stark, son of Jon, defeated the Marsh King extending their kingdom to include the Neck.
- King Rodrik Stark, son of Rickard, won Bear Island from the ironborn in a wrestling match and awarded it to House Mormont.
- King Edrick Stark
- King Brandon the Ice Eyes, great-grandson of Edrick
- King Benjen the Bitter
- King Benjen the Sweet
- King Eyron Stark
- King Edderion the Bridegroom
- King Walton the Moonking
- King Brandon the Bad
- King Jorah Stark
- King Jonos Stark
- King Edwyn the Spring King
- King Harlon Stark
- Torrhen the King Who Knelt, who bent the knee to Aegon the Conqueror, making the North part of the Seven Kingdoms.
- Robb the Young Wolf, the last King in the North and the first after Aegon's Conquest, who never lost a battle and died at the events of the Red Wedding. Also he was King of the Trident too.