Art by Paolo Puggioni
The Hornfoots are a clan of free folk who live beyond the Wall near the Frostfangs.
Hornfoots wear nothing on their feet, which turns the soles of their feet hard and black. Hornfoot men wear fur and wield long spears.
The Hornfoot folk warred with the Nightrunners before Mance Rayder, King-Beyond-the-Wall, negotiated a peace between them.
A Storm of Swords
The Hornfoot men join with Mance Rayder for his attack on the Wall.
A Dance with Dragons
Two clan chiefs of the Hornfoots kneel to Stannis Baratheon at Castle Black. Jon Snow, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, meets a Hornfoot with maimed feet.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon III.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 15, Jon II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 21, Jon V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon X.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.