|| This article or section is a stub. You can help "A Wiki Of Ice And Fire" by expanding it and/or improving existing text.|
Demons are mythical malevolent beings. Maegi are said by the Dothraki to lay with demons.
The Others are described by some as demons of snow, ice and cold. Legends of the Iron Islands describe Ygg as a demon tree who fed on human flesh.
It is said demons haunt the remaining lands of the Valyrian peninsula, the Smoking Sea,, the ruins of Hardhome, the forests of Mossovy, the island of Leng, and the caves and cliffs of the Mountains of the Morn.
The Five Forts are said to have been erected by the Pearl Emperor of the Great Empire of the Dawn to keep the Lion of Night and his demons away from the realms of men.
According to reports, it is possible to fornicate with demons in Asshai.
"Demon" is also used as a term to describe some great fighters,such as Robert Baratheon, the "Demon of the Trident", or the Kingsguard of House Darry known as the Demon of Darry.
A Clash of Kings
Dywen of the Night's Watch tells Jon Snow that the wildling Craster deals with slavers and demons.
When revealing Tyrion Lannister the story of his mutilation, Varys wonders if the voice heard from the flames in which his sexual organs were burned was a god, a demon, or a trick.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 61, Daenerys VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 78, Samwell V.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: Driftwood Crowns.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 39, Jon VIII.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: East of Ib.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Bones and Beyond: Yi Ti.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Bones and Beyond: Asshai-by-the-Shadow.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 6, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 23, Jon III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 44, Tyrion X.