Goldenheart is a type of tree found on Jhala and Omboru in the Summer Isles. Its wood is fabled to make the best bows, with the exception of dragonbone. Archers on swan ships wield goldenheart bows.
The dragonlords of the Valyrian Freehold often traded for goldenheart from the Summer Isles. The princes of the islands have forbidden export of the wood since the Slavers' Wars.
According to Mushroom, Sandoq the Shadow played a stringed instrument of goldenheart and ebony for Larra Rogare.
A Game of Thrones
During the Hand's tourney, Ser Jaime Lannister uses a lance made from the golden wood of the Summer Isles.
A Storm of Swords
The Summer Islander Jalabhar Xho gifts King Joffrey I Baratheon with a golden wood great bow for his royal wedding.
A Feast for Crows
Alleras uses arrows of golden wood with his goldenheart longbow. Kojja Mo wields a double-curved goldenheart bow on the Cinnamon Wind.
A Dance with Dragons
Led by Black Balaq, the fifty Summer Islanders of the Golden Company use goldenheart bows.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Summer Isles.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 35, Samwell IV.