From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|| This article or section is a stub. You can help "A Wiki Of Ice And Fire" by expanding it and/or improving existing text.|
Need help with references and and numbers, Thx..
Armies are all along the world, each has it's own weapons, ways of fighting, and warriors.
Armies are the main source of power in westeros, there has never been a war in which westeros has marched in a single army, but there has always been wars between them. Armies:
- The Reach: It has an army of about 60,000 men, by being the most populated of the seven kingdoms, it has been weakened by the war to around 50,000 men. It is said by Renly Baratheon that he left behind 10,000 men at Highgarden.
- Dorne: It is stated by Quentyn Martell that it has 55,000 swords and spears even if Doran Martell says it is the least populated of the Seven Kingdoms
- The Westerlands: In the War of the Five Kings Tywin Lannister Marches with 35,000 men, but Stafford Lannister rises another host of around 10,000 men at Oxcross
- The Stormlands: If Renly has 100,000 men in his host, and 60,000 belong to Highgarden, the aproximattion is 40,000 men.
- The North: Robb marches south with about 20,000, but he leves behind men to guard the castle, which are enough to make 2,000 men in the army Rodrik Cassel assembles to retake Winterfell, plus the 600 men that Ramsay Bolton uses to destroy the castle. The Reed's forces are uknown as well as those of the Skagos clans. The Mountain Clans have 3,000 men.
- The Riverlands The Lords of the Riverlands can muster an army of 12,000 foot and 3000 horse.If the Frey's bring their levies to the Riverlands army add another 3000 foot and 1000 knights to the total.
- Young Griff or Aegon Targaryen has an army of 10,000 men from the Golden Company though only about half, or 5000 have landed so far in Westeros. The Golden Company is in fact a seasoned sellsword army and in this way superior to any standard army of Westeros of similar size.
- Daenerys Targaryen has an army of about 20,000 men by the beginning of the Second Siege of Meereen, of which half are Unsullied (including those 1 year short of graduation) and the other half Freedmen, Brazen Beasts and Mercenaries. Due to the quality of the Unsullied they are also superior to any Westerosi army of a similar size in this respect.
There are many different armies that come out of the free cities and sellsword companies. Such as: